ARM Cortex Microcontroller Workshop
This is one of our longest-running and most popular courses. It is also ideally partnered with the "Using an RTOS on Cortex-based Microcontrollers" course, held the day after this course.
The course is delivered by our resident ARM Specialist, Trevor Martin who is also a published author and widely recognised authority on Cortex-M cores.
What will be covered?
During the workshop, you will learn about the features of the Cortex-M processor architecture, along with programming methods to best take advantage of them.
- ARM Cortex microcontroller core
Gain an in depth knowledge of the Cortex-M0/M0+/M3/M4 and M7 cores. Learn in a day all the critical techniques you will need for a Cortex-M project
- Cortex M family processor overview
- Programmers model
- Interrupt and exception model
- Compiler Intrinsics
- Bit banding
- Memory Architecture and Bus structure
- Cortex Microcontroller Standard (CMSIS)
- Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard CMSIS
Understand the roles of the various CMSIS standards and how to apply them for enhanced productivity.
- CMSIS Core
- CMSIS Driver
- CMSIS DSP
- CMSIS RTOS
- CMSIS DAP and SVD
- Hands-on training with development tools
Work through practical exercises and learn about the functionality of modern software development tools, and the extensive debugging features available for Cortex-M processors.
- Setting up a first program
- Debugging features
- Vector table and startup code
- Fault exceptions and fault finding
- Advanced trace features
- Adding and managing software components